Is cameron boyce dating anyone supro amp serial number dating
It can't be long before the owners of the last operating grain mill realise that they can make a lot more money selling the land for housing than using it to employ millers and make flour. Before heading along Beith Street it is worth visiting Glasgow's smallest graveyard.In amongst some modern housing on Keith Street lies the Quaker burial ground.At the north end of The Goat was The Heid o' the Goat, a place where acrobats, quack doctors and religious and political agitators held court.A nineteenth century Partick poet Tom Burns describes the scene, The old cottage buildings here were only demolished in the 1930s, and the Heid o the Goat is now the Comet car park.From here a walk down Bunhouse Road, and right along Old Dumbarton Road brings you to the Wheatsheaf Buildings.Now flats this cameo was built in the 1830s on the site of the original Bishop's Mill, and has delightful wheatsheaf motifs carved on its gables.
This is owned by Rank Hovis and produces flour for their Duke Street bakery.
The building itself is mostly brick built, unusual for Glasgow pre 1914.
and also done in an almost Germanic style of architecture; Potsdam rather than Partick.
Surrounded with metal railings, it has no gravestones, but a wooden plaque stating its function.
Burial Ground Gifted by John Purdon 1711 Last used 11-X11-1857 The Quakers gifted the site to Partick, and a part was used for road building-in return for the site being kept in good order (which it appears to be) - and for 1s a year being donated to the Society of Friends. Apparently Purdon's wife was the first interred in the cemetery, and the family, which was a prominent one in eighteenth century Partick, is commemorated in neighbouring Purdon Street.
Such has been the decline of Scots as the lingua franca in Glasgow that not many people would know what a girnal was.